Many elves at the North Pole make Christmas possible each year with direction from the Big Man in Red himself, Santa! But only some of the elves are Santa’s official Scout Elves who interact with families and fly to homes around the world each year. Can you tell Santa’s official Scout Elves apart from other elves you may have seen in books or photographs?
Look for these tell-tale signs to know that you are interacting with one of Santa’s official Scout Elves!
- Book, Scout Elf and All! Santa’s official Scout Elves always come in an official The Elf on the Shelf® box, and are accompanied by a children’s storybook, just as shown above!
- Red-Suited Helpers You can tell Scout Elves apart from other elves at the North Pole because they arrive in an official solid red jumpsuit.
- Know Your Elf When you pick your elf from one of Santa’s Official Adoption Centers, you can choose a girl or boy elf with light or dark skin. This photo shows all the Scout Elves that you could adopt for the holidays!
- Special Duties for Santa Scout Elves are known for visiting your home at Christmastime, and they also have a host of special duties related to that, including carrying your Letters to Santa to the North Pole, sorting mail in Santa’s North Pole mail grotto, and more!
- Other Official Helpers You may often spot Santa’s Scout Elves hanging around with the other official North Pole helpers like the Elf Pets® Reindeer and Elf Pets® Saint Bernard.
Want to learn even more about Scout Elves? Read this blog post to find out how your Scout Elf gets a name!